Monday, June 14, 2010

Lord of Ultima


I like the game Lord of Ultima. It’s a free game, but you can buy gems to help speed up game play. I'm rated in the top 600 on server 3 US, which isn't too bad. I’m a prince, and no I don't like purple or sing. I have 10 cities, 6 producers, and 4 military types. The military ones can be a bit harder to figure out; since you may want to make attack type troops or simply defenders that you can send to ally’s cities. My alliance has about 80 some players and we are doing pretty well over all.
The one thing about this game is it will take years, in my opinion, to crown the one true Lord of Ultima. One of the reasons is it takes forever to kill a player. Now I haven’t attacked anyone, but from guild chat it seems like you have to coordinate a huge attack to knock off a player. This is not a solo game per say. If you just like building cities and what not it’s okay for a month or so, but I think it will get boring fast. If your part of an alliance you can support your guild mates or decide to build a castle which will allow you to be attacked or attack other castled players. If you don't make a castle others can only plunder you, which means, they get some resources. Big whoop. Once you get your cities rolling your swimming in the resources. It’s a RTS that isn't fast paced like Starcraft or Warcraft.
I'm starting to get the itch to go back to WOW. But I have done everything a non-raider can do, minus achievements, which I think are a waste of time. I wish the new x-pac was out, but I think it will be a few more months. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment