Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Free to Play games


Turbine announced that Lord of the Rings Online would go free to play this fall, check it out here http://www.lotro.com/. I think it is a great idea. The best things online games can do are attract more players. Nothing kills a game faster than an empty world. Even if you don't want to play with other people it’s nice to see them running around. It makes the world feel alive. I like playing MMo's because they make me feel like I'm not alone. Single player games look great, but they are lonely. No one to chat with, or read silly comments, or party with; I think this will help them in the long run.

I'm playing Lords of Ultima right now. It is a free RTS MMO. The object of the game is to build up cities, eventually building a castle city and laying waste to your neighbors. You can take over other people’s cities. The last one standing is the Lord of Ultima. I have ten cities currently and it can be a bear managing them. Soon I will castle two of my cities and start rampaging through the continent I'm on. I belong to the alliance of The Swarm. I'm on server 3 Us. Come visit us at http://www.lordofultima.com/en.

No comments:

Post a Comment